Sometimes God will keep us hidden in order to develop us. Yes, I know you can teach, sing, pray, preach, run a business, lead, take care of a household and will make somebody a great spouse but it isn’t time yet. See, what God is doing is developing you and because He is, you’ve got to sometimes experience being hidden. When film is developed, there is a process.
- The film has to be removed from the camera using a film picker. Wondered why things have been happening to you lately? Feeling like you’re being picked on? You are but it is God picking you out.
- Once it is removed, it’s placed in a special holder that allows the end to be cut or shaped properly. It’ll hurt but it’s necessary to ensure you fit.
- Then, the film is stuck to a (get this) a leader card using special tape. Are you wondering why you haven’t been moved from under your leader? You need them to be developed. Stop rushing your process. And if you don’t have a leader, you need one.
- Next, to ensure films are not mixed up, they are given unique serial numbers. Beloved, own your uniqueness; you were not made to be like, sound like, look like or mimic anybody else. Be you!
- Then, the film is fed into the processing machine that takes it through:
A. Developer – “Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.” Psalm 51:10
B. Bleaching – “Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin.” Psalm 51:2
C. Fixing – “I will give you back your health and heal your wounds,” says the LORD. “For you are called an outcast–‘Jerusalem for whom no one cares.'” Jeremiah 30:17
D. Washing – “Wash yourselves and be clean! Get your sins out of my sight. Give up your evil ways.” Isaiah 1:16
E. Stabilizing – “He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.” Psalm 40:2
F. Drying – “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.” Isaiah 43:2
It is then, once you’ve gone through this process that you are now ready to be handled by man’s hands. Before, if you ended up in the wrong hands, they could ruin you. Oh but now that you’ve been developed. When folks touch, they may leave handprints but they can be wiped off. This is why, if you skip any of the steps, while in the darkness, you run the risk of being unusable and/or failing in the light. Your time will come but don’t rush the development.
One thought on “Daily Devotional – 12/18/17 “You’re being developed!””
This message was so on time for me.Thank you so much