For the last few weeks, all I’ve been hearing in my spirit is Jericho Walls. I know the story, so I thought, but I couldn’t understand why it being pressed so heavily upon me. Even this morning. So, I got up and I prayed. I prayed for my family, my pastor, my church family and even my old church family and their pastor. I mean calling out names, type of praying because I need God to remove some walls, to break some chains, to destroy some stuff that has been whispered in the atmosphere. I need some stuff done.
Then I opened my bible to Joshua 6 and here’s what I found.
1. You have to trust God and take Him at His word. See, the people who are fighting against you really don’t have a problem with you but they are afraid of the anointing within you. For in Joshua 6:1, it says, “Now the gates of Jericho were tightly shut because the people were afraid of the Israelites. No one was allowed to go out or in.” Stop fighting them.
2. You have to take God at His word for Joshua 6:2 says, “But the LORD said to Joshua, “I have given you Jericho, its king, and all its strong warriors.” Believe that God has given you the assignment.
3. You have to have some folk who are willing to stand with you even when it’s not their battle because you can’t do it alone. I don’t care how strong you think you are, you can’t do it by yourself. For it says in Joshua 6:3, “You and your fighting men should march around the town once a day for six days.”
4. You need somebody covering you. For Joshua 6:4 says, “Seven priests will walk ahead of the Ark, each carrying a ram’s horn.” Get attached to somebody with some oil. God’s oil!
5. Now get up and go get what’s yours. For Joshua 6:4b-5 says, “On the seventh day you are to march around the town seven times, with the priests blowing the horns. When you hear the priests give one long blast on the rams’ horns, have all the people shout as loud as they can. Then the walls of the town will collapse, and the people can charge straight into the town.”
I don’t know what walls are preventing you, these walls could be people but beloved, I declare that they can be moved. You just have to be willing to get up and get what’s yours!