This morning I get an email that I almost deleted without reading but I stopped. Clicking on it, I see it is from a fellow blogger sister Calandra Williams. She says she was recently nominated for the Liebster Award for blogging and one of the requirements is nominating other blogs. She chose ME to be in the number. Out of all the blogs she could have chosen, I am ecstatic to be one of them. [Y’all, I don’t know what to say! And I am trying not to cry.]
Thank you Calandra and I pray God continues to amaze you in ministry, life itself and especially blogging. Please take the time to read her BLOG and see why she chose me as her favorite blogger. Also, like her Facebook Page, Truth Written Ministries because it will bless you!
Here are the questions …
- I guess it would have to be, staying out of flesh. So many times, when things are happening, we tend to want to react with our personal thoughts and feelings. When we do that, we don’t help anybody. For me, I pray daily for God to align my flesh with my spirit man in order for me to blog and share from a level of spirituality that can then reach a person’s spirit.
What has been your biggest challenge with blogging?
- Enjoy it. When blogging becomes a job, you lose the excitement and the fire. Relax and enjoy it. There used to be times I would feel so bad about missing a day to post but then I realized, stuff happens. Now, I enjoy it every moment of it.
Your number one tip for other bloggers.
- Hobbies, what are those? LOL. When I am not being a wife, mother, minister, career woman, etc.; I write. Seriously, I write books (fiction and devotionals) during my down time. Lately, the time has been rare but when I can find the time I write, read and I love to play games. (Mario Bros is my fave!)
What are your hobbies other than blogging?
- Andrea Johnson of Bubble Bistro in Memphis. She is a woman who is doing the doggone thang! She runs a successful business and looks effortless doing it. And she doesn’t mind letting you see how hard she has to push to achieve greatness. If you don’t know about Bubble Bistro, chile you are missing out.
What successful entrepreneur do you admire and why?
- To be honest, I cannot pick a favorite blogger (yet) because there are so many. However, two that I enjoy reading is Stacey Covington-Lee’s blog on, Caramel Lattes and Stilettos as well as Calandra’s Truth Written.
Who is your favorite blogger and why?
- My blog, Kisha’s Daily Devotional, was started over three years ago on pure faith. I used to post things on Facebook and after a while, I would begin to get inboxes asking for a daily dose of encouragement. So, I took a leap and opened up WordPress and the rest is still being written. Kisha’s Daily Devotional isn’t a blog to show you I know it all, spiritually, but it is an up close and personal look into what I learn on this journey. It’s a place to get some encouragement while also swallowing a dose of “check yourself,” because I try to keep it as raw and uncut as I can. There is no time for sugarcoating when the enemy is trying to beat us down every second. This is why I blog, in a way to say, “Get up mane, we got work to do.”
Tell us about your blog and why you started blogging.
- Something to write with and on. I am always jotting down things that come to me. I am also writing notes or scribbling so if there is anything I could choose it would be that.
The item you can’t live without.
- The fire of the Holy Spirit and the gift God bestows every day. (Too spiritual, lol) But this is so it. I cannot take credit for anything happening in my life because God continuously blows my mind. Yes, I could potentially do it without Him but why would I and what good would it do? God is the reason you read this. God is the reason you know me. God is the reason for it all and I dare not take credit because I am not all that!
What and who motivates you to write?