It takes hard work, patience, determination, passion, money AND courage. No, it doesn’t take some of these, it takes all of these.
1. Hard work – you have to sacrifice time hanging out, time sleeping; time period to get it done. For some, writing is full time but it still takes hard work. You NEVER give up!
2. Patience – it takes patience to build a following, to get people to believe in you, to make it to bestseller and to see a return on your investment. You NEVER give up!
3. Determination – Who will work harder for you than you! You have to be determined to make it. Which means … you NEVER give up!
4. Passion – writing can be a career but it works better when it’s a passion, something you believe in. Your passion is something that you’ll willingly lose sleep over. You NEVER give up!
5. Money – you have to spend money to make money. From book covers, editing, promotion, ads, newsletters, gifts, etc. You spend more when you are an Indie Author. You NEVER give up!
6. Courage – You absolutely have to have courage. Why? Because you will have strangers reading your work and some will not like it. You’ll have folk combing through every word and scene with a fine tooth comb, leaving “constructive criticism.” Writing takes thick but for the few who don’t like it, hundreds will. You NEVER give up!
But let me leave you with this piece of advice, don’t allow anyone to detour your dreams. Writing isn’t for wimps but it’s worth it! You are your best advocate. Make daggum sure everyone knows!
Just NEVER give up!
— Keep writing 🧡